Montana Canvas Spike Tent
The Montana Canvas Spike Tent is made per order in the USA and imported to Canvas Tent Shop in Castlegar, BC. Based on time of year, typical ship time is between 6 - 12 weeks.
Montana Canvas Spike Tents are available in Relite (250D Polyester), 10oz Canvas, or Blend (10oz Canvas Roof with Relite Sidewalls).
Set-Up Dimensions: 12x12 with 4' Sidewalls and an 8'6" Peak Height
Packed Dimensions: 54" x 16" x 14"
Weight: Relite Tent is 26 lb. 10oz Canvas Tent is 88 lb. Blend Tent is 63 lb. Fly is 11 lb. Tent and Fly frame is 18 lb.
Package Includes: Tent, Aluminum Frame, Fly, Ropes, Tensioners, and Stakes.
Front Door: Zippered front door with screen. The door opens to a 7'6" height and uses a YKK zipper. The doors can be secured open with buckles. A buckled storm flap is standard to protect the zipper from the elements.
- Windows: 3 - 30" x 24" windows. These windows are located in the 3 sidewalls of the tent. These feature a No See Um mesh and are opened / closed from the inside of the tent.
- Sewn-In Floor: Fully sewn-in floor with zippered cutout for stove. Does an excellent job at keeping critters out of your tent!
- Frame: Complete aluminum frame. Center pole is 1 3/8" diameter aluminum alloy reinforced with 1" steel conduit. Internal side poles are 1/2" diameter.
- Fly: Fly is constructed of a 250D Relite polyester and will protect and extend the lifespan of your tent. Poles for setup are included. The fly full covers the tent and provides a front awning.
- Stove Jack: 5" stove jack with flap. This comes in a 5" oval, allowing you to use a 5" pipe. This stove jack features a silicone ring and is build to handle high temperatures. This stove jack is located in the front right as you enter the tent.
- Extra Reinforcements: Additional vinyl at peak to reinforce center pole.
- Stakes: 12" steel stakes to secure your tent to the ground.
Suspension Ring: There is a suspension ring on the outside top of the tent that allow you to hang your tent from a tree without using the frame.
- 200' of 1/4" black polyester rope, tensioners, and a tent storage bag.
Flys are made of Relite. A fly is designed to protect and extend the lifespan of your investment. Relite is synthetic and is not as spark resistant as canvas. A spark landing on a Relite tent roof will burn a hole through it easily. It is better to have spark holes in the fly rather than trying to repair holes in a tent roof. If necessary, you can always buy another fly if you get burn holes in your fly.
To reduce sparks landing on a tent roof it is recommended you have an in-line spark arrestor. The inline spark arrestor is positioned at the stove top opening for the stove pipe and is approximately 8" high. The inline spark arrestor will keep most of the ash and sparks from going up the stove pipe and onto your roof. I still recommend you have a normal spark arrestor to further reduce the possibility of sparks landing on your roof or fly.
In-line spark arrestor can be cleaned in 15-30 seconds. This quick cleaning capability makes camp life much more enjoyable. With a normal spark arrestor you need to take the pipe sections down to clean the spark arrestor which is located on top of the last section of stove pipe.
The frame is great if weight is not a factor. Frame makes set up quicker than making a center pole in the woods. Frame also allows for a supported covered area using the fly.
Limited Lifetime Warranty: Products manufactured by Montana Canvas are warranted against defects of materials and workmanship. Any product found defective will be repaired or replaced (at the discretion of Montana Canvas) without charge when the product is returned to the retail seller with freight charges prepaid. This warranty is voided with the use of cleaning, treatment agents or compounds that have not been approved by Montana Canvas. This warranty does not cover torn fabric or merchandise damaged through misuse, accident or transportation. The manufacturer makes no other warranty either express or implied and shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damages. This warranty applies only to new products sold at retail value and to the original purchaser. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state.